Artificial Intelligence Commission Field Hearing (Cleveland, OH)
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Artificial Intelligence Commission on Competitiveness, Inclusion, and Innovation (AI Commission) held its second field hearing on April 28th in Cleveland, OH. During the field hearing, the Commission reviewed testimonies from civil society, government, academia, practitioners, and other AI experts on workforce and healthcare as it relates to AI.
12:00 pm – WELCOME
- Tom Mihaljevic, MD, CEO, and President, Cleveland Clinic
12:10 pm – OPENING REMARKS:
- Co-Chair Rep. Mike Ferguson
12:15 pm – TESTIMONY
- Dr. Serpil Erzurum, MD, Cleveland Clinic
- Dr. Lara Jehi, MD, Cleveland Clinic
- Rohit Chandra, PhD, Cleveland Clinic
1:20 pm – TESTIMONY
- Shawn Wang, Anthem
- Ben Ko, Kaleidoscope
- Tanya Berger-Wolf, Ohio State University
- Carly Eckert, Olive
2:15 pm – TESTIMONY
- Cheryl Oldham, U.S. Chamber
- Richard Cardwell, Infosys
- Rick Carfagna, Ohio Chamber of Commerce
- Elizabeth Hyman, XRA
3:10 pm – TESTIMONY on Workforce
- Alex Koran, AIEDU
- Almutwakel Hassan, Student
- Erin Henninger, Case Western Reserve University
4:00 pm – Adjourn
About the Commission: The Commission Co-Chaired by former Congressmen John Delaney and Mike Ferguson will convene thought leaders with experience in government, industry, and civil society to address the advancement and challenges regarding the adoption of artificial intelligence within our society. The Commission will release a report based on public testimony proposing policy solutions that accomplish the goal of ensuring the United States continues to lead in innovation while fostering fairness in the deployment of this revolutionary technology.
The Weekly Download
Subscribe to receive a weekly roundup of the Chamber Technology Engagement Center (C_TEC) and relevant U.S. Chamber advocacy and events.
The Weekly Download will keep you updated on emerging tech issues including privacy, telecommunications, artificial intelligence, transportation, and government digital transformation.